Every business starts off with the intent of solving a real life problem faced by many and eventually making boatloads of money off of it. Let’s cut through the BS and talk about the problems & challenges your business faces and how you can tackle them with one complete solution.
What business challenges and problems?
Here’s a quick break down for them:
- Getting discovered by your prospective customer who is searching for your service or solution.
- Building credibility and trust by solving their problem.
- Defining your place amidst your competitors.
- Reaching potential customers who don’t know they need your solution yet.
- Attracting, engaging and enticing your target audience to take the desired action.
So you see there are so many challenges you need to overcome and solve for before you can start making those millions.
Did you say ‘One Complete Solution’ for all the above problems?
Well, there definitely is and you do know about it. You’ve probably been consuming and using it all your life, just like your prospective customers are.
That’s why in this blog, I’ll take you through 8 ways how videos help solve your business problems and help grow your company’s earning.
The maximum information that the human brain transmits is visual content! That makes vision our most superior sense.
Here are 8 reasons how you can use this piece of science to do wonders for your business:
1. Boost your SEO rankings
You’re 53 times more likely to show up on the Google search if you have videos on your website.
Google web crawlers let the search engine know that there is mixed media aka rich content on your site and given the recent algo change the platform underwent, contextual content has been given more weight over other factors.
WHAT TO DO:
Optimize your videos Title and Description with relevant keywords while uploading it on video platforms like YouTube.
Another important factor in assessing SEO rankings is the average sum of time spent by users on a particular website. According to HubSpot, the top 5% of videos retain an average of 77% of viewers till the last second.
Viewers are much likely to retain a video than simple text-based content.
Videos involve both visual and auditory features. Well crafted explainer videos evoke emotions in the customer which means it sits in their memory prominently over those videos which don’t.
Using engaging elements like animated characters, colors and scenarios in your video make them more striking and memorable.
According to HubSpot, about 80% of the customers remember a video they’ve watched in the last month.
3. Has high probability of going viral
Given there are over 48 hours of video uploaded to Youtube every minute, only a tiny percentage of it ever goes viral.
HOW TO MAKE A VIDEO VIRAL:
There are three key ingredients to make a video go viral, as Kevin Allocca – Trends Manager at Youtube puts it –
- Tastemakers – Influencers e.g Jimmy Kimmel who introduce new and interesting things and bring them to a larger audience
- Communities of Participation – People may engage with your video for a variety of reasons. This forms a community of people who either criticize, make fun of or just enjoy it. This is how you become a part of the Viral Phenomenon – either by spreading it or doing something new with it.
- Unexpectedness – By being totally surprising viewers get very curious to seek opinions of their friends, share it if it has social utility or helps them connect to other folks of shared interest among other social motivation.
There are certain ingredients that might just do the work. Add some humor, pour some good visuals, sprinkle some facts that need to be highlighted, add a pinch of relatable content and voila!
More shares = More Backlinks = Better Discoverability = More Organic Traffic
4. Video content performs well on all devices
Be it your smartphone, computer or TV, videos can be consumed on all these devices. The above infographic by thinkwithGoogle is Exhibit-A to the argument that video content performs well on all devices.
It was reported by YouTube that every year there is a 100% rise in mobile video consumption.
Your video audience is sure to rise as there is a steady increase in the number of people using smartphones with easy access to the internet.
What gives videos the upper hand is they are consumer focused. Google reveals that cell phone users are two times more likely than TV watchers and 1.4 times more probable than computer users to feel a sense of individual association with brands that show video substance or advertisements on their gadgets.
5. Videos strengthen the brand message and increase conversion
A video like an explainer video is an outstanding approach to infuse your identity into your marketing message and manufacture trust which can ultimately help you connect with watchers on an emotional level.
They need to trust your brand and the best way to do that is by making them feel good about their choices.
Just like Mike Schaefer says, “The new era demands a focus on ignition, not just content, on trust, not just traffic, and on the elite people in your audience who are spreading and advocating your content”.
- What do people do when they face a problem? They look for content! Explainer videos help you address customer queries in an easy to understand way while gaining their trust by addressing the issue and providing the solution.
- Do you know, 57% of buyers state that watching videos is what gave them the assurance to purchase products online as videos generated a sense of individual approach for/in them?
6. Increase click through rates
According to a report by Forrester, including a video in an email leads to a 200-300% increase in click-through rate.
Click through rates deteriorate despite good open rates because the content is either too long or tedious to read or it’s too short which makes it impossible for the reader to grasp the relevance behind it.
What’s the loophole then? Videos! The value of one minute of video is equal to 1.8 million words! Videos provide context to your content and thus help increase click-through rates.
EXHIBIT – A:
Brafton reports that videos reduce bounce rate by an average of 34%. Videos summarize your business in a quick and interesting way that is more suited for the videophile faction. People tend to associate videos with entertainment. So the moment they see a video their immediate response is to watch it!
7. Videos provide great ROI
With the dropping prices of good video making gear and online editing tools, producing videos for your company is achievable and can pay off big time!
Even a smartphone, if used in the right way, can give you the next video for your business.
Well, the world isn’t all rainbows and sunshine so there are a couple of things you need to keep in mind to reap maximum ROI on the video.
Quality & Context:
- By quality we don’t just mean the finish and polish of the animation used, we are talking about one of the biggest factors driving quality aka your underlying script.
- If the content isn’t relevant or plain vague then you will lose your viewers’ interest just as quickly.
Knowing what to do with your video:
- If you don’t know how to use Google Adwords and how it can help you grow your business, you probably wouldn’t see the value of investing in it.
- The same analogy goes for your videos. Knowing how to use this effective piece of marketing content can make or break your marketing plan.
- Videos can be used on your landing page to reduce bounce rates and increase conversions
- By making it easier for your visitor to find the information he is looking for, that is if he hasn’t bounced already, which he wouldn’t because he’s busy watching your amazing explainer video.
- Videos can be used on Social Media to either drive traffic to your website or engage more of your target audience with your brand or let your loyal followers and customers know you care for them and are constantly solving for their problems.
People swipe faster than they blink these days. Expecting them to read through complex text explaining your business/product is a wish that won’t come true.
Videos help viewers consume data without any effort and witness your product in action. Enhance your video content by adding captivating visuals and audio and capture the interest the laziest of buyers.
EXHIBIT – A:
Refer to the image above which shows how Dropbox was able to increase their conversion rates by 10% which is an additional revenue of $48 Million
Takeaway from this blog
Videos can affect viewers on a global scale. It is a perfect cocktail of information, entertainment, and advertising and is the go-to marketing strategy for all businesses.
Videos give you the perfect gateway to target your audience and show them what you’re offering in a clear, concise and visually stunning way. Give it a thought and get a video for your business today!